When everyone around you is on a holiday baking spree you automatically get into the same mood. I just wanted to bake something immediately that’s sweet, fancy yet easy to make. Already had enough of chocolate and cheese (yes! I’m saying this😜) that day so just went ahead with dried fruits and everything you need to make a cake. Though baked extemporaneously, the cake came out really great!! Super yummy!! and it looked too adorable. 😍😁
My Alcohol Free Fruit Cake Recipe
1 1/2 cup Sugar
A pinch of Salt
1/3rd cup Oil
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder (sift together both ingredients)
3 dried Figs
3 dried Apricots
5 dried Kiwis
2 Tablespoons canned Cherries
2 Tablespoons canned Pineapple chunks
A handful of Raisins
A handful of chopped Almonds
A handful of chopped Cashew Nuts
1/2 cup milk (add little by little)
1. Sift together flour and baking powder and keep aside.
2. Take a large mixing bowl and add eggs, salt and oil mix all the ingredients and whisk well with the help of hand mixer.
3. Gently fold in the sifted flour and add all the fruits and nuts and mix with a wire whisk so that everything is well incorporated.
4. Pour milk little by little at a time to adjust the consistency of the batter. The mixture should be slightly thicker than pouring consistency.
5. Grease a rectangular cake pan. Add batter and cover the pan with foil paper and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes then raise the heat to 200 degrees Celsius and bake for another 10 minutes. Check if the cake is done by inserting a skewer, if it comes out clean your cake is done.
6. Remove the cake on a wire rack and let cool completely then cut the slices.
7. You can frost your fruit cake with any of your favourite cake frosting and then top it with fresh fruits like Strawberries, Blackberries, Kiwis, Bananas, Pineapples etc.