A bowl full of Nachos with hot cheese dip on a cozy couch watching your favourite movie with your bestie, sounds perfect? 😋
Yes! Like everyone else we too love to have nachos with cheese sauce and for some reasons I don’t like the store bought dips and try to make my own at home. This one is just so simple and easy recipe that you will love preparing the dip at home. You can adjust the salt and chili as per your taste. Sometimes I like it to be fiery hot and go on adding a teaspoonful of chili powder when especially when the girls gang is around but the standard recipe requires not more than half a teaspoon. You can optionally add chunky salsa and roasted ground beef/chicken or crispy browned sausages (ps: I don’t like sausages🙈)
Easy Nacho Cheese Dip Recipe|Easy Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe|Homemade Hot Cheese Dip
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6oz. medium cheddar, shredded (about 1.5 cups)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ to 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup roasted chicken or beef mince
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa Buy Now
- Add the butter and flour to a small sauce pot. Heat and whisk the butter and flour together until they become bubbly and foamy. Continue to cook and whisk the bubbly mixture for about 60 seconds.
- Whisk the milk into the flour and butter mixture. Turn the heat up slightly and allow the milk to come to a simmer while whisking. When it reaches a simmer, the mixture will thicken. Once it’s thick enough to coat a spoon, turn off the heat.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar, one handful at a time, until melted into the sauce. If needed, place the pot over a low flame to help the cheese melt. Do not over heat the cheese sauce.
- Once all the cheese is melted into the sauce, stir in the salt and chili powder. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. If the sauce becomes too thick, simply whisk in an additional splash of milk.
- If you are using meat or or salsa then add them before adding the cheese and stir well.